May 3, 2011

OMG Shatera, I thought you were natural, why do you keep getting weaves???

Ok, so no one has said this to me but I feel like someone just might. First off, I loooove my natural hair. I will never get another relaxer and I'm completely in love with my beautiful curls/coils. But since I recently cut my hair I wanted to have it rest for a while. I knew by the end of the semester I wouldn't be too motivated to do much so a protective style was the best option for me. I don't get weaves because I don't like my hair or I can't manage it. It's quite the opposite, I just want to leave it alone for a while and let it be. Also, the styles I choose are curly or wavy and natural looking. I refuse to ever get a straight weave because that would be boring for one and for two, after I stopped relaxing, I refused to ever have to comb my hair again. Plus curly hair suits me much better :)

As I stated before, my hair doesn't define who I am. I love being natural, that won't ever change. But that doesn't mean that I have to limit myself when it comes to hair options. There's absolutely nothing wrong with switching it up every once in a while.

No comments: