December 4, 2011

I'm in Love!

After having the great results of the dry braidout on Wednesday, that night I braided my hair with just coconut oil and wore it in a hat the next day. On Friday when I took out my braids, my hair was begging for moisture. It looked dull and felt dry. But I just wore it how it looked since I was happy for big hair.

Looking pretty damn dry lol

 
Friday night I twisted it up with Cantu Shea Butter and olive oil. Since dry twistouts never seem to work for me, I did bantu knots with my twists. It came out pretty nice. It was really soft and fluffy and I got a few compliments on it.




 Today I wore the same style again, just a bit different. I loooved it!







I'm really enjoying the looks I'm getting from dry twisting/braiding. I know that before I complained about not being able to get big hair then I decided to accept my curls and found out that blowouts were good for big hair. Now I've found out how to make it work without using heat. So I'm really excited :)

I feel like I'm writing more and more about my hair. I do recall making this one of my hair goals when I came upon my 2 yr. Nappiversary 6 months ago.

Here's the goals I set for myself:
1. Find new products
2. Try new styles
3. Take more pictures
4. Retain length
5. Healthy hair is sexy hair

So far I think I'm doing pretty damn good :)

No comments: