August 24, 2011

Day 16: Something you always think "what if..." about

I don't really like to think about "what ifs" because I feel like they are pointless. Whatever happened has already happened and no matter how much I think about it, nothing can ever change the past. But occasionally I do wonder how life would be if my father never passed away. It's been almost 7 years since I lost him to lung cancer and sometimes I still can't believe he's gone. I think about him all the time. Wondering how he would feel about certain things, what advice he would give me, and if he would be proud of me. When I start thinking like this I have to catch myself and stop it. All it does is make me sad because there are no answers to these questions. I will never know "what if..." but what I do know is that I will always have my memories and they will never go away.


Here's a pic of me with my father and sister the day of my JHS graduation June 2004, just 6 months before we lost him...

No comments: