April 5, 2011

Frustrated

So I went to the gym today. Before going I expected to do 30 min, maybe 45 on my fave machine. I've done it before, no biggie. Boy was I wrong! I only lasted 18 minutes until I got dizzy, nauseous and lost circulation to my legs. I tried to make it to 20 min but I just couldn't. I felt like shit. Disappointed, embarrassed, sad. Am I really that out of shape??? I barely passed a mile. Ugh that shit is frustrating. But I guess its expected. When was the last time I actually worked out? Probably last November, and it was only once. Its cool I guess, I'll just keep coming back until 18 min is just my warm up.

I have to keep reminding myself that this is a process. I won't go from never working out to running marathons in one week. It just doesn't work that way. So I'll try not to be disappointed if I can't do as much as I'd like at first.

No comments: