September 19, 2011

I Need You

I want to sing. I've always wanted to, I just have been too damn scared. I always figured that I didn't sound good enough or I wouldn't be any good. So I never pursued it. But honestly, music makes me feel so damn good. If I could sing all day, every day I would. I've allowed my fears to control me and stop me from enjoying something that I love so much. I figured I could just keep it to myself and that it would be pointless to share it. I didn't think anyone would even want to hear me. The thing is, its not about them. Its about me. If I love to sing and I sound like shit, why does that matter to anyone but me? I should be able to share what I know deep in my heart is a part of me, simply because I want to. No I don't have the greatest voice but I never actually tried to work on it. Honestly, I don't even know what my voice sounds like because I'm always singing along with what I hear, mimicking that particular artist. Growing up I always sang along with my sister and I stayed in the background because I liked it there. When I was in a choir I would just blend in to what was going on. So I don't quite know what I would sound like all by myself. The thought of me singing alone terrifies me, but maybe that's just what I need to do.


While I don't quite know what all of this means, I do know that music makes me feel like nothing else.


Let's see where this takes me...

No comments: