June 30, 2011

Where's my drive?

So a while ago I wrote about why I suck and a friend of mine commented with a quote that she found:
To change one's life:
1. Start immediately.
2. Do it flamboyantly.
3. No exceptions.

I love this quote because it couldn't be any closer to what I need to do with my life. One of my biggest problems is that I can easily recognize what most of my issues are. Doesn't seem like much of a problem right? Well my issue with this is that most of the time I do absolutely nothing to fix my problem. I might talk/write about what is wrong and how I can fix it but then I leave it at that. So I figured out what my problem really is: I have no drive.

Sad right? The truth is that I'm quite the underachiever. I don't go out of my way to get what it is I want because, well, I don't put much energy into caring about what I want. Does that make any sense? Basically, I don't put much energy towards wanting anything so when I try to work towards getting something, halfway through I kinda give up because I lack the drive to even care. Kinda fucking sad. I don't think I have a passion for anything...

Wait, that's a lie. A blatant lie. I lovesss me some music. Baking. Singing. Writing. Reading. Talking. Educating others. But can I say I'm passionate about these things? Ummmm....

Positivity? I guess I can say that I still have time to figure out what drives me. Because there has to be something. I'm going to make a list of my goals and desires and go from there.

No comments: