February 7, 2011

I'm F**kin' Perfect



The first time I watched this video I fell in love. I already love P!nk, for her voice, her lyrics and her fearlessness. I've been a fan since her Can't Take Me Home days, you know, back when she was still Black. Yes I just said that. Act like you know lol.

I don't know when I got so damn emotional but watching this video actually made tears well up in my eyes. I'm just so in love with the message. People get so hung up on their imperfections and flaws but fail to realize just how great they really are. And I honestly believe that there is beauty in everyone. Who knows what we can contribute to this world...our possibilities are endless. Also, just because you may feel misunderstood or unloved does not mean you are unlovable. While I've felt misunderstood plenty of times, it could never get to the point where I would want to hurt myself or do destructive things. But there are plenty of people that do. It breaks my heart to see people beat down & hopeless because they don't realize how great they are. To me, it all starts with loving yourself. Unfortunately, some people are not nurtured or told they are smart, beautiful or capable :(

Luckily, I was reassured throughout my life. I know I'm smart, attractive and capable. Of course I have insecurities and flaws I'd like to fix. However, I know they cannot ever possibly outweigh my greatness :)

And the same should go for you.

Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than, fuckin perfect.
Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel like you're nothing, you're fuckin perfect to me.

No comments: