August 16, 2012

Mini Twists

I used to constantly wear mini twists for the first 2 years of my natural hair journey. It was simple. I'd wash my hair, twist it up, wear the twists for most of the week, then wear a twistout for a few days and start the process all over again. Once I gained some length I started wearing more puffs and out styles. It has been well over a year since the last time I had mini twists.

I used to only twist on wet hair but this time around, I wanted to do it on stretched hair. So Monday I washed & conditioned my hair then braided it up with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. The next day I took out each braid, finger combed my hair then braided it back up. Yesterday I twisted my hair with some olive oil and Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel. I like this gel because its not too sticky, it doesn't leave my hair hard and my twists are smooth and shiny with minimal frizz. After I take down these twists I'm gonna see how this gel will work for a braidout. Anyway, here's a couple of pics of my twists:


So much excitement lol

My hair is pretty fine and there is low density of my strands. So when I twist my hair, it looks like I don't have much hair. Luckily I have enough hair so that my twists aren't scalpy. However, I still don't have enough volume to make my twists look, ummm cute lol. It's a convenient style and if I do it again it will be to take a break from my hair. But just for style reasons? Umm no. Maybe when my hair is longer. Maybe. 

No comments: