October 18, 2011

The Best of Me



Mýa - "The Best of Me" from Fear of Flying 2000

I've always loved this song. Sometimes I catch myself listening to it on repeat, over and over and over. It was always just a song, now its a bit more. Especially Verse 2...

So busy trying to play with my head
Telling me how he could blow my mind
Something about the things that he said
Made me want to take it there one time
I should be walking away
Cause his hands up on my thigh
Should I leave, should I stay?
After all it’s just one night


I'm so curious but I can't let that get the best of me. Regardless of my situation, I can't let my loneliness rule me. I would be a fool to let you occupy my space. Even if temporarily - it won't be worth it and I'd be wasting my time. No matter how good it might feel at that moment. That wont be enough. I just know it.

I guess I'll just always wonder...

No comments: