March 15, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I don't ever do New Year's Resolutions. Like ever. They are a waste of time because come January 20th I quit and just give up. But since yesterday was my birthday I figured I could try it out for a change. This is the end to my 21st year and the beginning of a new one. This new year needs to be prosperous. I want to improve every aspect of my life. I know I won't be able to do everything in a year, but for me sitting down and writing what I would like to change/fix/improve/dead in my life could be very beneficial.
 
Body
Skin - I hate my skin. Ok, hate is a strong word. I strongly dislike my skin. Lately I've been trying new methods but its only been a week so I can't say if there are improvements yet. Updates later...
Health/Weight - I love my body and my shape - I find myself sexy. BUT I know I'm unhealthy. I need to  take my ass to the gym and incorporate exercise into my life. If I lose a few pounds in the process, oh well! I wouldn't mind getting back down to a smaller size (a still sexy, voluptuous, slightly smaller size of course lol)
Hair - I've changed my regimen and I'm loving the improvements. I've been deep conditioning more often since I cut my hair and I can feel a difference. Plus I plan on playing around with styles a lot more. I love my trusty twist-out but there is wayy more that I can do with my hair.

Confidence - I thought I was confident. I'm starting to think I'm not. I doubt and second guess myself all the time. I don't know how to assert myself and most of these things come from...

My fears - I live by them. This has to stop. Why the fuck am I so scared of everything? Doesn't make any damn sense...

My shyness - Ok I'm not shy, just timid and unsure of myself. I'm not good at taking risks - they're terrifying as hell. But I'm working on it. I'm doing a fucking fashion show - wth? So out of character for me. Or is it? It only is because I say it is...

School - My grades are good. But they can be better, I need to focus more and stop procrastinating. BUT I've been saying this for yearsssss, since like, um elementary school...sad right? I could never focus or get shit done on time. Ehh, I hate school, always have. And I somehow always end up with ok/good grades lol

My disposition - So apparently I'm always angry, pessimistic, depressed and unapproachable. Ehh - spark up a conversation with me and that's not the case. I can't help what people think by looking at me. But I guess I can try to look pleasant...maybe.

Overall, these are the areas I need to put the most energy into trying to improve. I just need to focus and commit myself to it. I think I'm up for the task though.

No comments: