December 16, 2013

Hair Growth/Retention Frustrations

10.29.13

I'm not gonna lie. I'm upset. Why, after getting my last perm over 5 years ago is my hair only 12 inches long? Lately I've been clipping my ends every other month because my split ends and single strand knots have been out of control. I really gotta do better to take care of my hair. Well, of myself period, really.

Starting in December I'm gonna do another 6 month protective style challenge. I really need to baby my ends, continue to deep condition every time I shampoo and figure out what it is I need to do to get my hair to a better place. During these next six months I plan on doing havana twists, crochet braids, box braids, kinky twists, flat twist updos, ponytails/buns, mini twists,and any other style that requires minimum manipulation.

I know that health is what's most important but I would be kidding myself if I said that I didn't want to have long hair. To me, length is one indication of it being healthy. I'm really going to try to work on it.  






No comments: