December 16, 2013

Crochet Braids Pt. 8 - Straight Hair

In October I thought that it would be a great idea for me to get straight crochet braids again, with auburn hair as my back bottom layer and with my hair left out in the front to blend. Well, that was a horrible idea. After spending like 2 days on my hair, it just was a fail. The color was pretty but the cut wasn't working and I didn't leave enough hair out to blend good. I wanted to keep it straight but that wasn't working, so we braided it and rodded the ends. It gave it this beach wavy/curly look which was cute but the front was just wrong smh. So I ended up wearing a scarf in the obvious, "I'm lazily blending my hair with hair that isn't mine" way. Yuck. I made it work for like 3 days until I took it out. The only picture I have of it is from when I went to see Raheem DeVaughn for the 5th time.

Side note - I fucking love that man. He is a wonderful performer and his spirit is so sweet. He has the prettiest, gentle eyes. Ugh and don't get me started on his stage presence!


Anyway, back to my hair...I tried something different and learned that maybe I shouldn't be so ambitious with my hair lol.

No comments: