From now until May I intend on only doing protective and low manipulation styles. I figure if I just leave my hair alone for days/weeks at a time, it will be easier for me to retain length and stop worrying about my hair progress so much. Also, this challenge goes perfect with the length check that I already set for May 2013.
- All protective styles must last at least 2 weeks
- All low manipulation styles must last at least 1 week
- I will deep condition every time I shampoo (which I already do...it really makes a difference! lol)
- I will continue to rub Castor oil on my edges on a daily basis. Weekly for my scalp.
- I must moisturize my hair while in a protective style. I can't just leave it alone and expect my hair to be ok.
- No Heat
- Keep my ends moisturized
Some styles I have in mind:
- Mini Twists
- Straw Curls
- Flat Twist styles
- Hair augmentation (When I eventually get a job, I will be able to afford hair. Yay!)
- Crochet Braids :)
- Half Wigs