June 14, 2013

Braid & Curl

After washing my hair I felt like doing something different, so I decided on a Braid and Curl. I said I wanted to try this style a few months ago when NikkiMae did one for Valentines Day. I did a variation of what she did.

I used a tiny bit of Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture as my leave in, olive oil as a sealer, Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream as a styler and a bit of the As I Am Curling Jelly Curl and Coil Definer.

I didn't want to have a bajillion braids so I ended up with 17. I braided until there was 2 inches of hair left and rolled the ends with some perm rods.

Here's a nice tutorial that's similar to what I did. Her braids are bigger than mine, but its the same concept.





This was my first time using the Coconut Curling Cream and I really like it. My hair is moisturized, has shine and bounce and it smells yummy lol. As far as the style, it came out ok, nothing spectacular. It looks like a regular ole braidout. I think that next time I'm going to have bigger braids and leave more hair unbraided at the end. I also think I'm going to use my small rollers, which are slightly bigger than the perm rods that I used.

Here's a couple of pics:

No comments: