November 17, 2012

Mini Twists

For the longest, I've been saying that I wanted to try mini twists again. After the TNC failure I didn't feel like having to deal with my hair so it only made sense. I decided to do them smaller than last time so it took me foreverrrr! lol. But I feel like it's worth it. I'll probably keep these in for a while because I really don't feel like being bothered. Plus, my hair just needs to chill for a bit. Since my hair was overdue for a trim, I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I snipped my ends twist by twist. My hair being perfectly even isn't much of a concern because I don't ever wear my hair straight. I knew my hair needed a bit of loving so I used Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque as a leave in. I know that I recently swore off the thought of twists but ehh, they came out better and fuller this time. So my mind has been changed lol.


Random...

Sometimes I get so caught up in the fact that my hair isn't where I'd like it to be, I forget about my journey. Yeah I've had a couple of screw ups and I've made some mistakes, but I've come to a place of acceptance. I'm not gonna make a fuss about the length of my hair because I can't change that overnight. If I focus more on the health of my hair, the length will come. Duh. 

My first set of twists from August 2009:

My latest:

An entire 3 years later.

No I don't have the length I want but so what? I know better now. So I'll do better.

No comments: