November 15, 2012

Twist N Curl FAIL!

So as I was sitting with my deep conditioner in my hair, I remembered a video that I saw that I could not get out of my head. I've seen a gazillion Twist N Curl's before but I fell in love with hers. Take a gander...




Isn't her hair just so damn gorgeous? I obviously don't have as much hair as her so I was a bit hesitant to try it out. But I figured the definition would be great.

I tried a variation of what she did. I flat twisted the front like she did but I did not do so many individual twists. And I also twisted my hair to the ends. I used Cantu Shea Butter Creamy Hair Lotion, castor oil, and my pink EcoStyler gel. I only ended up with 15 twists because I only had 14 perm rods. I had to improvise and add one of my small rollers in the back when I ran out of rods.

When I took down my hair the next day, I figured it would be cute. That night I pincurled the ends and went to sleep. The next afternoon I started getting ready to go hang out with my friends. Somehow, I lost track of time and ended up rushing to get dressed. I didn't think I would need much time to do my hair so I wasn't panicked or anything. After I got dressed, I took down my hair and was faced with complete disappointment. My hair looked a hot damn mess! My curls were all janky looking and sooo not cute. It was horrible. I played with my hair a bit then I decided I didn't want to wear it down. So I tried to pin it up. That was a fail. Then I decided to do a puff. That was too corny. Then I figured I could just put it in a bun. That wasn't neat enough. So I settled on a messy bun.


Ehh, cute enough right?

I was happy that I didn't use my "bun enhancer" and it came out pretty decent. As far as the twist n curl, maybe I could try it again. Eventually...

No comments: