September 5, 2012

Pillow Soft Curls


Since I've been natural, I've heard tons of things about Miss Jessie's products. Some people hate them, some swear by them. Forty dollars for a jar of something for my hair just did not seem right and never fit into my budget so I never tried any of their products.

A few weeks ago I saw that Miss Jessie's had a new product called Pillow Soft Curls. I was immediately intrigued because I have yet to find a product that works well for my Wash & Goes. Since I wasn't planning on buying the product, I just added it to the list of things I'd like to eventually try. About a week later, I came across a site that compiles a bunch of places that offer free samples. I was immediately excited when I came across Miss Jessie's on this site. So I took advantage of their free samples and ordered the Pillow Soft Curls, Curly Pudding and Curly Meringue.

When I received the samples, I still had the mini twists in, which I ended up keeping in for 2 weeks. When I finally washed my hair, I figured it made perfect sense to try out some of my new stuff. So after washing and conditioning my hair I did like the directions said and raked the product through my hair. I used the product alone, just to see how it acts on its own. It felt ok in my hair and I felt like my curls would be sexy. About an hour later, I wanted to see how my hair was drying and saw a bunch of white spots. Grrrrr I hate when that happens. My sister suggested putting some olive oil in my hair and that did the trick. My curls were just popping all over the place and my hair dried soft with a little shine to it. Anddd every time I turned my head or the wind blew I got a whiff of a fabric softener scent. Yumm :)

As soon as I was done with my hair, I was out and about and didn't get a chance to snap a pic. Then that night I made a last minute decision to go out, so in my rush of getting ready I still didn't have a chance to take a pic. I wish I had a picture to share :(

The next day I ran to the store and randomly took a picture. Yes, I'm in my elevator...don't judge me!


Yup. That was my first time wearing a New Paltz shirt outside as an alumna. I felt old lmaoo. Anyway, I hope you can see my sexy curls popping all over the place.

The next day I wet my hair in the shower to refresh my curls and headed to the beach with my family.  


 There's a possibility that I might want to try this product again in the future, but we'll just have to see.


Oh yeah, go get your Miss Jessie's free samples!!! They are only allowing 2 now, but hey, who doesn't like free stuff?

No comments: