February 15, 2012

I need to find my voice

I'm completely terrified of singing in public. I finally figured out why - I don't trust my voice. I've been hiding from my voice for as long as I can remember. I have never allowed myself to break out from the background, out of my fears that I won't sound good or even worse, that I will. Crazy, I know. Most of the time I hold back and I don't allow myself to actually sing. For as long as I can remember, I've been complaining that I don't have a strong singing voice and I sound like a little girl. But how the hell could that ever change if I don't let myself just sing??? Yeah, so I have a plan.

I need to find my voice.

In order for me to do that I need to start singing...publicly. I am going to start recording videos of me singing some of my favorite songs and posting them here on my blog. Since I'm still a punk, I will not be posting them on YouTube lol. But its all good right? Baby steps, baby steps...




No comments: