July 1, 2012

Yes I'm still alive: Hair Update

It's been a minute since I've written anything and that's because I have nothing to write about. Absolutely nothing. I haven't found a job yet and my life has become kinda monotonous. However, I have gotten the chance to play around with my hair a little bit.


A couple of weeks ago I washed my hair then flat-twisted it. But instead of two strand twisting the ends, I made coils. I didn't go anywhere for a few days so I kept it twisted. I wasn't quite sure what I was expected but when I took out I was content with the look.


 The next day, the part that was flat-twisted shrunk from all the humidity but the coils were still intact.

I like doing coils on my hair because my curls don't form like that. I have S and U shaped curls that don't like to coil up. Although I like the look, I hate the take down. Detangling is a slow and tedious process after I have coils in my hair. I'm pretty patient though so it's not that big of a deal.

After I washed my hair I decided that I wanted to do a twist-out. I rarely ever do them anymore because I prefer the stretched look of a braid-out. But I found a technique that leaves my hair stretched with the definition of a twist-out. Here's the video that I got my inspiration from:



Yes, I used pipe cleaners to stretch my hair lol. I didn't use any rollers or rods for my ends because I didn't see the point. But it did come out pretty good. Unfortunately, the day that I wore my hair out was a pretty hectic day and I didn't take any pictures. But I will be doing it again very soon.

Instead of re-twisting my hair, I braided it up using a mix of aloe vera gel and olive oil. My hair came out big and fluffy...just how I like it :)


1 comment:

Sheena said...

Your hair looks great! =)