September 16, 2010

Personal Bio

A while ago I decided to take an acting class to loosen myself up and attempt to lose some shyness. So this semester I'm taking intro to acting and its not as bad as I imagined. Our first assignment was to do a personal bio. For one minute we go up in front of the class and tell them about ourselves, without reading anything. I dreaded going, I was completely and utterly terrified because to me, getting up and talking in front of people is scary (well its that way for most people lol). Today was my day to go and I have to say I was completely surprised by the outcome. I was extremely nervous but somehow that wasn't conveyed. The response from the class actually scared me a bit. Everyone gave me a compliment and I didn't hear anything negative. What the hell?!?! I was expecting people to nitpick all my mistakes and tell me all the things I did wrong but no one did. Is it bad that I kinda wish I would've gotten negative feedback? It is so difficult for me to take compliments. Afterward I felt so relieved and a bit proud. Me doing so well just showed that I still don't know what I'm capable of and I can get over my fears and just say fuck it. Hmm, maybe I don't know myself as well as I thought....

No comments: