I haven't blogged in a while because I have nothing to show for my hiatus. I'm still at a job I hate, I haven't lost any weight and I'm still in the same place I was in months ago. Well, actually, that's not true. I can definitely say that I don't have a dark cloud over my head.
I've been saying I wanted to leave my job for the entire time that I've worked there. 2 months ago, I wrote my resignation letter. Right as I was about to turn it in, I was convinced to stay. I know that quitting without a backup is not smart. But I figured I'd take being broke over mentally drained from working there.
I don't normally like to do New Year's resolutions. I think that any day is a chance for a fresh start. But seeing as though it is December, it makes sense to frame my goals around a new year beginning. I've mapped out goals before, plenty of times. But I know this isn't just talk.
Goals for next year:
- lose a substantial amount of weight. I know that I want to lose at least 100 lbs and up to 130 but I don't wanna put the pressure on to do that all in one year.
- work out on a regular basis
- continue to incorporate more fruits/vegetables into my diet
- find a new job. Or find a way to replace my income so I can quit my job
- pay off credit card debt
- start singing again
- write on a consistent basis. This includes finishing the book I started last year
- be more social. This includes dating
- create a morning routine
- read more
I need to have guidelines and ways to hold myself accountable. If not, this is just another list of things I won't do. I have to learn to commit to myself and lead a more productive life. I just can't waste any more time.