February 19, 2016

Goal Breakdown

1.29.16

I have followed Courtney Sanders of Think and Grow Chick for a long time. I've signed up for her free courses, downloaded her Get What You Want workbook and stalked her blog. But I've never committed to anything. Last week I took part of her Big Goal Breakdown. Once again, I wasn't fully committed. But I did take away a lot of helpful information. She shared many great tips and lessons on how to actually achieve your goals instead of just wishing them into existence. The biggest thing that I took away from it was that the best way to see your goals come to life is to break them down. Last month, I wrote down a few goals for 2016 but it was not detailed at all. So I've decided to break each one down into smaller pieces. I won't go into detail for all of my goals here but I do have one that seems to incorporate a few other goals into it.

Create a morning routine
- don't snooze 759 times
- use bathroom/wash face/brush teeth
- drink full glass of water
- stretch/workout (cardio dance dvds/jump rope/hula hoop/conditioning/free weights)
- make green smoothie
- write in journal 15 min
- shower/get dressed

Altogether, this morning routine should only be 2 hrs. I should be able to commit 2 hours of my day to ME. And this routine is so great because it involves 4 of my goals. Honestly, my biggest concern is not snoozing my alarm 3 to 4 times every morning. It's been a problem of mine for years. I usually set my alarm 30 minutes earlier than I actually have to get up. I've been avoiding this trick forever, but I might just have to put my alarm across the room. If I can work on that, everything else should fall into place.


No comments: