May 29, 2013

4 Years Natural :)

I know I've been MIA for a while. I haven't been in much of a blogging mood. I've been feeling kinda blah this past month. But as usual, I've kept myself kinda busy with my hair.

I had mini twists for 2.5 weeks then I did another roller-set/blowout and dusted my ends. After doing a bantu-knot out, I decided to do a bunch of chunky twists. Twistouts on stretched hair don't usually come out good so this time around I used Curls Unleashed Curl Boosting Jelly for some hold and I loved the outcome. My hair was still light and fluffy with a nice wavy curl pattern.




After the twistout, I braided my hair in small sections using the Jelly and I ended up with 35 braids. I kept them in for a week and here's the outcome:


Fluffy goodness :)


When I first started my 6 Month Protective Style Challenge I thought it wouldn't be hard to stick to it. My problem was that I love playing in my hair. I like trying different styles and products so making a commitment to leave it alone was kinda hard. These past 6 months I've been breaking all my rules. I've used heat a few times and I haven't kept my hair in protective styles. When the colder months come back around I'll try to do another challenge and actually stick to the rules.

On a different note, today marks the fourth year since my BC. My hair isn't where I thought it would be by now but I'm not going to linger on the length issue. Here's my latest length check:


According to my Length Goal, I'm exactly where I wanted to be! I thought I might've been hopeful to think I'd get to Bra Strap Length by June but I'm basically there. Ok, I'm like 1/4 inch away but who cares? lol

Hopefully in a year from now I'll have Mid Back Length hair :)

No comments: