May 25, 2012

Oh Yeah, I Graduated

On Sunday, May 20th, I walked across the stage, which signified me receiving my B.A. in Black Studies and Sociology from SUNY New Paltz. I'm not gonna lie, it hasn't hit me yet. Maybe it will when I start my first job or when I start paying more bills.

I still have no clue what I'm doing, and you know what? That doesn't bother me at all. I may not know what my future holds, but I do know that I will continue to be blessed. No, I don't have a job yet, but I'm not worried. Why should I be? Whatever is supposed to happen, will. Of course I'd like to be comforted with the idea of definites and absolutes...but that's not how life works. I'm content with not knowing for now, because I know for certain that in my future, there lies greatness.



Some might call me foolish or dumb. I know it's real out there. I know people that have graduated before me and have yet to find work. Oh trust me, I know. So I'm not being foolish or dumb. I just don't see the point in worrying and freaking out. Of course I want to work. I need a damn income! However, I refuse to have anything but a positive attitude. You can call it what you want.

 Here's a candid picture taken by a Poughkeepsie Journal photographer :)

No comments: