- I'm taking a break from my hair. My lovely sister gave me some Senegalese twists last weekend and I plan on keeping them for at least 6 weeks. I might post pics...maybe.
- I started working out on a regular basis 3 weeks ago. Things were going great but I had to stop because it became difficult for me to find the time because......
- I GOTS ME A JOB!!! Yuuuuup :). I started training on August 7th and I'm just now getting into the swing of things. It's a part time job but TRUST, I am ever soooo grateful. After being unemployed for over a year it is definitely a blessing to be able to say that I am employed. Yesssss :)
- I've been thinking about men a lot lately. It's not just my normal daily sexual thoughts about chocolate men, it's been more of a, "hmm I wonder what it would be like to have a boo?" thoughts. I haven't had those kind of thoughts in years. I guess that could mean something. Maaaaybeeee I'm open to dating. I mean, hey, I like me, why not have that in common with someone else? lol
- It feels weird having money and paying bills again, which means I've been unemployed for too damn long smh.
- Almond milk is soooo yummy! Eff cow's milk lol
- From now on I'll probably only have Tunesday and Natural Hair Fridays. If I feel like doing Random Wednesdays and Literary Thursdays, I will. If I don't, I won't. Yup.
- I love having to get up and leave my house (almost) every day. It really has lifted my spirits just knowing I have somewhere to be and something to do.
- Mannnn I need my back cracked. If you're a fan of Tamar Braxton, you know what I mean lmfao
- It's time for me to plan a "Thank God Shatera finally has a motherfucking job" party!!!! Oh yeahhhhh baby :)
- I'm thinking about revamping my blog again. Hmmm, idk...
- OMG how could I almost forget...I saw Raheem DeVaughn, Avant, Monifah, Donell Jones, Lyfe Jennings, Erica Campbell (from Mary Mary), Tweet, Meli'sa Morgan, and Hi-Five a couple of weeks ago for 107.5 WBLS' 5th annual free R&B Fest at Central Park Summerstage. It was a great day :). I haven't seen Rah perform since 2010 so it was great seeing him...I'm looking forward to seeing him when he comes back to NY. Also, I've always loved Avant but this show made me love him even more. I definitely have to see him live in the future. Mmhmmmm yes lol.
- I've been thinking about singing a lot lately. A lot. We'll see where that goes.
August 26, 2013
Yes, I am alive :)
I know, I know. It's been forever since I've written anything. To be completely honest, the reason is simple: I had nothing to write about. Absolutely nothing. I was tired of the "hum ho, I'm unemployed, woe is me" posts, hair posts seemed less appealing, and I figured I shouldn't force what's not there. For the last two months I basically gave up on writing. But lately, I've actually missed it quite a bit. So here's a quick, possibly random update on what's going on in my life: