July 1, 2009

Suicide Over MJ????

Today I was in the store and some man on the radio was talking about Michael Jackson. Of course, being sick of it I rolled my eyes and tried not to pay attention. But then I heard him say that 14 people have committed suicide since MJ died. Yes, 14 of his die hard fans killed themselves because he died. Now isn't that some crazy shit? It sounds pretty crazy to me. What the hell kind of mental state were they in that they felt like they couldn't go on anymore because Michael Jackson died? They must have been crazy and out of their minds to take their own lives over a MAN dying!!! What the fuck is this world coming to? Hey people IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS!!!! The King of Pop is dead, get over it please! Yes he touched millions of people with his music, I know that but it is not that serious. He's dead, let's face reality - no as a matter of fact, let's get back to life -- REAL LIFE. His family will deal with his death, I'm sure they are doing just fine mourning and greiving and all that. The rest of the world needs to realize that the Earth is still spinning and life isn't over. I don't even give a damn about being nice about it anymore. As mean as it sounds, life goes on, PERIOD.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well u gotta realize he was an icon and suicide does make u crazy but this dude is kinda the best there ever was... we don't understand cuz it ain't our era but mike was like the biggest. Idk the hype is real to me

Video Vix[o]n said...

believe me, i'm on the fence about the whole thing. the same thing happened on 9/11. for weeks, people would talk about it and it did get aggravating after a while, but eventually it blew over, as will MJ. people killing themselves over him is OD, but as long as it aint you, that's all i care about.

Honestly, a majority of ppl crying for MJ weren't even on him like that. Some are posers, some are die-hard fans, but it'll pass eventually. That's the poor effects of living in a reactive society...